The Creative Network has posted up about this year’s IOM Art Festival (formerly known as WOSAT).
Here is what they would like to bring to your attention:
1. The entry forms should be emailed to Rosie Glassey who is compiling the guide this year – email@example.com. If you have any problems completing the forms please contact Rosie direct!
2. This year we are offering something different, namely the opportunity for your work to be professionally photographed, not only for inclusion in the guide, but for an exhibition at Noa’s Bakehouse from the 21st April! We would like all participating artists to have their work featured in this exhibition which will be an exhibition of photographic prints of each artists catalogue entry. There will be no additional cost, this will be included in your £20 entry fee. The Creative Network will pay for printing and framing of your image for this exhibition!
– the images should be new
– a photographic session will be held at Greens Restaurant in St. John’s on the morning of Saturday 13th February, possibly one other session? However, on the attached form you need to indicate whether you would like to take up this offer. We will then send out a further email so that you can book your time. If you would like to have your work professionally photographed can you contact me by return so that we can start planning whether we need one or two photographic sessions and allocate timed sessions to each artist.
– we realise that some artists might already have high quality definition images of their work (please see attached form for details of what is required). If this is the case, then please could you either,
– send the images via Dropbox to firstname.lastname@example.org (images will be too large to send via email), OR
– copy to a CD or memory stick and post to Rosie Glassey, Ballalona Farm, Orchard Road, Ronague, IM9 4HG.
3. Also, this year we are allocating two artists per page to the guide so there is more space for biographical information and a larger image. Therefore we are requesting text of approximately 100 words rather than 20!
4. The deadline is tight – and strict – and is the 15th February for both images and entry form.
5. This year we wondered whether artists would like to provide a PechaKucha presentation which we could run on a loop at one or two of the venues. This is an excellent way of explaining your working process or technique or ideas and inspiration, especially for artists who opt for exhibiting only, or indeed, for those who are demonstrating or opening their studios!
We currently have 40 artists who have renewed their membership, however some artists who have been involved for several years have not yet renewed. The membership renewal form can be found here and the application form for new members can be found here. We very much welcome artists who have not been involved for a few years to get involved with the revitalised Creative Network!
We are looking forward to lots of entries – and some more renewals and new members!